Terms and Conditions
For the purpose of the booking contract in conjunction with these Terms and Conditions ‘WE’ and ‘US’ are Maria and Steven McCarthy (owners). Any Booking is subject to the Booking Contract and is for the hire for short term holiday let purposes only. The Booking Contract consists of a Confirmation letter and Invoice, acknowledgement of these Terms and Conditions, payment of deposit or full balance and our confirmation email of received funds. These together contain the entire agreement between us and you and forms the basis of your agreement with us so please read them carefully. All contents in the booking contract do not affect your usual UK statutory rights.
The property that this contract relates to is The Barn at RyePark House, Rye Park, Bratton Fleming, Barnstaple, Devon, EX31 4SF. Telephone: 01598711879. The Contact is with the individual who is mentioned on the Confirmation letter, they are responsible for all other guests in the property, in that they also adhere to our Terms and Conditions.
1. CHECK IN/ OUT
• Check-in time is not before 4pm on the arrival date and check out time is not later than 10am on the departure date.
• Early arrival/late departure is subject to prior arrangement and availability and extra charges will apply.
• You must notify us of your expected arrival time and a mobile contact number at least 1 day before arrival.
2. SMOKING / PETS
This is strictly a NO SMOKING property this includes the outside patio area and pathway leading to the property. Pets are not permitted in rental unit under any conditions.
• A deposit payment equal to 50% of the rental rate must be received within 48 hours of the Confirmation email being sent to secure your booking. This advance payment will be applied toward the rent.
• Please make payments as instructed on the invoice.
• The FULL BALANCE OF RENT is due (8) eight weeks before your arrival date.
• For bookings made less than eight weeks in advance the full amount must be paid on booking. These terms are for all bookings unless an agreement is obtained in writing prior to booking.
• Personal cheques will be accepted if received at least 7 days prior to arrival. Cash payments are not accepted.
• Please ensure payments are made within the specified time limits or the Booking will be cancelled automatically without notice or liability to you.
4. SECURITY BOND (Damage Deposit)
• A security bond of £150 is required. This must be received at least seven (7) days prior to your arrival at the holiday property. This bond will be returned to you within seven days of your departure once our property has been inspected and deemed left in a similar state to your arrival.
• Any damage, loss or expense incurred by us as a result of your breach of these Terms & Conditions will be charged against the bond. Examples of this include but are not limited to: any breakage, damage or excess cleaning requirements, extra guests beyond those declared, as well as any unpaid charges accrued during the stay
• Cancellations that are made more than sixty (60) days prior to the arrival date are subject to a 5% cancellation fee or £50, whichever is greater.
• Cancellations or changes that result in a shortened stay, that are made within 60 days of the arrival date, forfeit the full advance payment and reservation deposit.
• If you choose to vacate the property before the end of your rental period for whatever reason no refund will be given.
If the Property becomes unavailable for your occupancy due to unforeseen circumstances (eg. fire, storm, damage, etc) then we will inform you immediately and endeavour to obtain suitable alternative accommodation for your occupancy; ; please refer to section 18.
7. MINIMUM STAY/RATES
• This property requires a three (3) night minimum stay. If a rental is taken for less than three days, the guest will be charged the three-night rate.
• Rates subject to change without notice.
8. PARTIES & FUNCTIONS
Parties and Functions are strictly prohibited.
9. INCLUSIVE FEES
Rates include a one-time linen & towel setup. Facilities fees are included in the rental rate.
10. NO DAILY HOUSEKEEPING SERVICE
While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do not permit bath towels or linens to be taken from the property, but we can provide extra beach towels for your use at a charge of £5 for two towels for the duration of your stay, if requested.
11. FALSIFIED BOOKINGS
Any booking obtained under false pretence will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in.
12. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS
Any exceptions to the policies mentioned above must be approved in writing in advance.
Parking is limited to one vehicle. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking area only.
14. HOT TUB & FIREPLACE
• No children under the age of 12 or visitors to the property are permitted in the hot tub at any time.
• When using the hot tub, remember there is a certain health risk associated with this facility. Use at your own risk.
• The hot tub is drained, sanitized, refilled and chemicals replenished prior to your arrival; therefore, it may not be warm until later that evening.
• DO NOT STAND ON THE HOT TUB COVERS. Hot tub covers are for insulation purposes and are not designed to support a person or persons. They will break and you will be charged for replacement. When not using the hot tub, leave the cover on so hot tub will stay warm.
• Always shower before using the hot tub – excessive cleaning of the hot tub will incur a charge.
• The fireplace is an electric fire. Do not places items directly in front of the fire as this will block the flow of air and be a potential fire risk.
15. WATER AND WASTE
• Like most of the properties in the area The Barn is supplied by private water from a borehole/spring and passes through a comprehensive water filtration treatment system, the water quality is monitored regularly and is free from chemicals.
• The Barn is served by a very effective private bio disc sewage system however the system will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products, baby wipes or ‘flushable’ wipes should be flushed at any time. If it is found that any items other than toilet roll have been flushed and clog up the septic system, you will be liable for any related plumbing and call out charges.
• We promote the use of eco-friendly products.
16. INTERNET USE & UTILITIES
We offer Wi-Fi broadband solely for your use which is unlimited at no extra costs. You are wholly responsible for any downloads or uploads via this service during your stay. Do not use this for any illegal file sharing or downloading of copyrighted content such as music and films. If it is found that you have done so the police will be informed, and you will be immediately removed from the property.
We cannot accept responsibility for a shortage of water at the accommodation where it is as a result of drought or freezing temperatures nor can we accept responsibility for an outage of power or problem with the broadband internet where the problems are beyond our control. We will of course endeavour to rectify any problems as soon as possible.
17. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• You must comply with all instructions of the Property concerning occupancy, property, health, safety and quiet enjoyment of the Property and our neighbours.
• You are responsible for damage, breakages, theft and loss of the Property and any part of it during your stay. You must notify us of this immediately, we may recover from you repair or replacement cost (at our discretion)
• Only the guests nominated and agreed in the Booking Contract may stay in the Property overnight. If any other guests stay extra charges may apply or the agreement may be terminated without refund.
• Disturbance to neighbours, including excessive noise, is prohibited and may result in termination and eviction without refund and extra charges may be made for security and other expenses.
• Before departure, all food must be removed from fridges, all rubbish put in the appropriate rubbish bins provided, and crockery and cutlery washed and packed away. The Property must be left in a clean and tidy condition.
• Extra cleaning charges may be incurred for the cleaning of dirty dishes, washing machine, dishwasher, emptying the fridge, removal of excessive rubbish etc. Should the cleaning fee be more than the usual cost for cleaning the property, you will be charged the additional costs over and above the normal cleaning fee which will be deducted from the security bond.
• All furniture and furnishings must be left in the position they were in when you arrived
• The property should be vacated on time and secured. All windows and doors are to be locked. All keys must be returned to us or as otherwise directed.
• You are responsible for the safekeeping and replacement of accommodation keys.
18. PROBLEMS OR COMPLAINTS
In the case of any problem or complaint, you must inform us at the earliest opportunity, so we have the chance to rectify the situation as quickly and efficiently as possible. You must allow repair/service access to the property during reasonable hours.
Failure to follow this procedure this may hinder our ability to rectify the problem or complaint and reduce or extinguish any claim you may have.
We cannot be held responsible for natural disasters and other events beyond our control and it is your responsibility to take out adequate travel insurance and cover for the duration your trip. Management are not responsible for any injuries, illness or accidents that may occur whilst staying at our property. Cars are parked at our property at your own risk and we cannot be held responsible for your personal belongings.
Please indicate that you have read, understand and agree these Terms and Conditions either by accepting via on line booking with HomeAway or signing the agreement below and returning it to us either by post or email at email@example.com. We can only accept your agreement if a signature is present. Please only send this page back to us.
I agree these Terms and Conditions (Version 02)
Print name _____________________________________________________
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
This statement explains how we hold, share and process the information you give us when making an enquiry or booking at RyePark House and defines how we use and protect Data collected by us in relation to your use of the web site and any Services or Systems provided therein.
Data is collected and stored in compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (FDPR) and, unless we are obliged by law to do so, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties.
WHO ARE WE? RyePark House is owned and managed Maria McCarthy, and is a holiday rental business. Our address is RyePark House, Bratton Fleming, Barnstaple, Devon, EX31 4SF, telephone 01598 711879, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHY WE COLLECT DATA-
We need to know your personal data to provide you with a quote for a holiday or to process and manage your booking and stay and notify you of any changes to our services prior to your stay. We will not collect any personal data from you we do not need in order to provide you with this service. We will occasionally send you promotional emails about special offers or other information that we think you may find interesting via email if you request this service from us in writting.
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Quote– Name, email, and telephone number.
Booking-Amount and names of all guest members, address of lead booker, email, Mobile telephone number, payment arrangements, special requirements, such as those relating to allergies, disabilities or medical conditions which may affect any guest’s holiday arrangements at our properties. Bank details to refund the Security Bond.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
We do not share your information with anyone else as we conduct all the booking, payment and cleaning etc ourselves.
HOW DO WE TREAT YOUR INFORMATION?
All details that you give to us through RyePark House at any time will be kept for the period of your booking and holiday. We are required under UK tax law to keep basic information on the lead booker, such as your name, address and contact details for a maximum of 6 years after which it will be destroyed. We hold your information securely and do not share this information with any third parties. We do not hold information for marketing purposes, unless you request this service from us.
HOW DO I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT MY INFORMATINO RIGHTS?
You have the right to request details of the personal Data that we hold about you and you have the right to withdraw your consent for us to retain your Data at any point. Upon receipt of your instruction we will delete your Data after 180 days (the 180 day retention period is to enable us to respond to any Court authorised request from government or lay enforcement officials for its disclosure)
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your data you can contact us to have the matter investigated. If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your data, not in accordance with the law, then if you wish, you can make a complaint through ‘The Information Commissioners’ website, it also contains further useful information and advice.
Please contact us at the contact email, address or telephone number provided in this statement.